The Seattle School of Theology & Psychology • Seattle, WA September 2012 to June 2016
Masters of Divinity
Simpson University • Redding, CA April 2005
B.A. General Ministry • Minor: Pastoral Studies
Quest Church • Seattle, WA September 2014 – June 2015
- Help facilitate Sunday Worship Gatherings. Including: Facilitate the Eucharist, Call to Worship, Pastoral Prayer, Announcements, and Benediction.
- Met weekly with the supervising pastor
- Speak twice a quarter at the All Staff Meetings
- Develop, plan and execute a Depth Class: "NeighborWho?"
- Attend and participate in weekly Staff Meetings
- Partner with intern cohort for the Speaking Team for the young adult retreat
- Initiate conversations with the various pastors about the functionality of the different ministry areas
The Seattle School of Theology & Psychology • Seattle, WA Seasonal Position: 2014, 2015, 2016
Conference & Events Coordinator
- The Conferences Event Coordinator supports the Conferences departments’ efforts to build and sustain The Forum at The Seattle School via connection with the Seattle community through the execution of effective events and offerings.
- Volunteer coordinator, publicity, facilitating the event, and MC for The Justice Conference Seattle February 21-22, 2014
- Coordinated The Intersection of Knowledge & the Therapeutic An Evening with Esther Meek & Dan Allender, March 10. Coordinate book signing, speaker liaison and publicizing the evening.
- Coordinate volunteers, publicize, speaker liaison, organize transportation, and facilitate for The Inhabit Conference April 2014, 2015, and 2016
Sunnyvale Presbyterian Church • Sunnyvale, CA July 2007 to July 2012
Director of Youth Ministry
- Primary leadership for student fellowship meetings and Bible studies
- Planning and coordinating student Confirmation Classes
- Teaching and overseeing Sunday school
- Plan and lead various trips and retreats seeking to provide spiritual growth and healthy fellowship for students
- Explore and develop other ministries through which students and their families can grow in their commitment to Jesus Christ, the Church and one another
- Recruit, develop, train and work with various lay leadership teams with the Youth and Their Families Ministry Area
- Be responsible for opportunities where students can grow in their faith through service. Including: yearly service and learning trips, local community activities, and multi-generational activities.
- Build relationships of trust and love with students in the SVPC Youth Ministry with the hope of sharing Jesus Christ where He is not known and deepening commitments where He is. Including: one on one relational ministry, encouraging advisors to develop healthy relationships with students, be a recourse to parents and guardians who are in need of support and guidance as they parent their student and encouraging the students to inspire each other in their faith.
- Be a strong supportive member of the church’s Program staff
- Work with the Director of Children’s Ministry to strengthen partnership and ensure continuity between Children’s and Youth Ministry
- Work with the Youth and Their Families Ministry Area to develop and update an ongoing plan for ministering to the students and their families of SVPC
The Bay School • Santa Cruz, CA September 2006 to July 2007
- Implement and evaluate instructional and treatment plans
- Participate in the development of Individualized Educational Plans and meetings
- Collect, summarize and evaluate behavioral data
- Assist teachers in making recommendations for modifications if desired behavior change does not occur
- Assist in the development of new programming ideas
- Supervise the arrival and dismissal of assigned students
- Ensure proper maintenance of classroom, other areas of the facility and grounds
Starbucks • Rancho Palos Verdes & Redding, CA April 2004 to 2006
- Prepare quality coffee beverages for customer’s satisfaction
- Awarded three "Mug Awards" for positive attitude, excellent quality of work, and wonderful customer service
- Responsible for a specific cash drawer during each shift; secure the store for closing and prepare it for business the next day; maintain the cleanliness of the store to it's regulation requirements; greet each customer with enthusiasm and help to provide an inviting environment; distribute Starbucks quality beverages to all customers with a smile